Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
We are not currently hiring.
Please follow us on social media to see the latest announcements about future employment opportunities.
There are numerous ways you can get involved with the work being done at ORCHWA. In addition to general office support and events volunteer positions, we are currently seeking volunteers for the following:
We are currently seeking volunteers for assistance in planning and organizing our annual meeting and conference. The following skills are particularly desirable:
- Event planning
- Web registration management
Membership & Communications Sub-Committee
The ORCHWA Membership & Communications sub-committee is tasked with ensuring effective communication with association members, staff, partners, policy makers, advocates, visitors and the community at large via newsletter, event calendars, website and social media. We are seeking volunteers to assist with various projects. The following skills are desired:
- Understanding of, and proficiency with, various media. Current channels utilized include WordPress, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Understanding of public relations and the best practices for engaging public media
Education and Training Sub-Committee
The ORCHWA Education and Training sub-committee is responsible for advocating for effective, accessible, and culturally appropriate training and educational opportunities that promote CHWs' professional growth and development. Committee members are seeking volunteers to assist with the creation and implementation of training programs. The following skills are desired:
- Familiarity with the roles, skills and qualities of CHWs
- Experience participating with training programs, either as a participant or facilitator
- Understanding of the Popular Education model
- Connections with institutions of higher learning
Policy & Advocacy Sub-Committee
The ORCHWA Policy & Advocacy sub-committee works to strengthen the CHW workforce through advocacy, policy development, and political education or ORCHWA membership through meeting with key decision makers and conducting awareness building events. The Policy committee is currently seeking volunteers to assist with maintaining the events calendar, gathering CHW experience stories, development of educational materials for key decision makers, and organization of lobby days. The following skills are desired:
- Experience or keen interest in policy and advocacy work
- Public speaking
- Community organizing
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the following form and send it in by email or mail. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.