The goal of the Workforce Team is to support the CHW workforce with increased opportunities for training (including CHW training that qualifies participants for official CHW certification and continuing education units), professional development and networking opportunities.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical assistance on best practices for CHW training and facilitation
- Supporting organizations in building capacity to become approved CHW training sites
- Partnerships with different organizations around the state (especially BIPOC community-based organizations) to advance the workforce through training and education .
- Assuring that CHWs statewide are aware of the opportunities for the profession and personal development by maintaining a curated list of CEUs that includes local, statewide, and national opportunities
- Leading ORCHWA’s Education & Training subcommittee to respond to the needs of the CHWs through trainings and annual conference for members
- Working with the ORCHWA Policy and Advocacy sub-committee to advance CHW career lattice opportunities
- Using Popular Education as a teaching methodology to develop training curriculum that can support CHW leadership development and public health promotion